Total reward solutions tailored to the public sector.
The Canoe Benefits Program is built specifically to address the unique needs and objectives of municipalities, public sector entities, and not-for-profit organizations. The program develops and delivers innovative, cost-effective, and sustainable solutions tailored to members’ unique human capital needs and wants.
Leverages the buying power of the Canadian public sector
The Canoe Benefits Program has partnered with People Corporation to provide a multi-province benefit program to our members. This partnership allows Canoe to leverage the buying power of our membership with People Corporation’s trusted position in the market and national service capabilities.
- Preferential pricing through economy of scale
- Access to all major benefit providers in Canada
- National servicing capabilities, with a local focus
- Broad product offering customized to the needs of the public sector
- Innovative proprietary products and customized services
- Extremely strong supplier and carrier partner relationships
- One-stop program support, consulting, and management integrated with your organization
- Quarterly claims reporting, annual renewal analysis, market audits, and negotiations on your behalf
Products and Solutions
Canoe Benefits gives our members access to the combined experience of consultants, pension experts, benefits administration, and HR consultants, with deep expertise in the following areas:
- Group benefits programs (fully insured, retention, ASO, as well as flexible programs)
- Program audit / review
- Group savings and retirement
- Virtual counselling and mental health solutions
- Health and wellness solutions
- Health care and wellness spending accounts
- Optional benefits
- Travel insurance (specialty coverage)
- Retirement and individual solutions
- High-cost drug funding navigation
- Preferred provider networks
- Human resource solutions (recruitment, career development, human resource consulting)
- Employee surveys, education, and communication
How to get started
Reach out to our contacts below if you would like to schedule a meeting to discuss some areas for opportunity – we promise to deliver some valuable information that you can bring back to your team and use right away.